CHC50313 - Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention
Are you already working or want to work with children and families in the child protection sector? If the welfare, safety and well-being of children and young people is important to you then this could be just what you’re looking for! This course is designed to arm you with the skills to pursue management-level positions in this challenging yet rewarding sector.
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete 16 units in total, including 9 core units and 7 electives. Relevant units of competency from previous formal training may be used as credit towards this qualification. Please discuss this with your trainer.
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCCS016 Respond to client needs
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCDEV003 Analyse client information for service planning and delivery
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCPRT004 Work effectively in child protection to support children, young people and families
- CHCPRT006 Build professional practice and sectoral expertise
- CHCPRT010 Work with children and young people with complex trauma and attachment issues and needs
- CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCINM001 Meet statutory and organisation information requirements
- CHCFAM003 Support people to improve relationships
- CHCFAM006 Assist families to self-manage contact
- CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRT012 Undertake and implement planning with at-risk children and young people and their families
TAFE Queensland (RTO No. 0275) through delivery and assessment by The DaV’ange Group Pty Ltd (ABN 45 162 289 143) offers Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), multi-modal training and face-to-face workshops in workplaces, as well as self-directed gap training. For experienced workers and volunteers, Recognition of Prior Learning may contribute to a large component of your qualification. Evidence of your skills and knowledge will be assessed by a qualified assessor.
Detailed training and assessment information will be provided to you by The DaV’ange Group during induction and workshop sessions. Any delivery, assessment or program enquiries should be directed to The DaV’ange Group.
Assessment is undertaken throughout the training program. It is competency based and may require the completion of written questions, projects, a portfolio of evidence and workplace observation. You will not be required to do complex assignments or exams outside of the training. Detailed information will be provided to you about your assessment during induction and in workshop sessions.
Assessment will be conducted via a combination of the following methods:
- Direct observation of your participation in the workshops
- The provision of work samples demonstrating the ability to undertake work based tasks to the required standard
- 3rd party reports from supervisors
- Interview based assessment
- Online training (if required)
The duration of this qualification will depend on the mode of study. Typically one duration is 3 months to complete via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and between 3-12 months if you require gap training.