VET Student Loans
VET Student Loans (VSL) is an Australian Government loan program that helps eligible VET students pay their tuition fees. DaV’ange Training is an approved VSL provider by the Department of Education Skills and Employment (DESE).
This page is provides you with all the information and resources required regarding VET Student Loans.
Students are eligible for a VET Student Loan if they:
- are enrolled in a VET Student Loans approved course offered by a VET Student Loans provider
- meet citizenship/residency requirements
- have an available HELP balance of more than $0 (that is, have sufficient HELP balance remaining)
- meet student entry requirements.
To see if you are likely to meet the eligibility requirements, check out the VET Student Loans Eligibility Tool on the My Skills website. On this website you will also find the VET Student Loans Calculator which can help you understand what your debt will be when you start your course.
VSL Loan Amount
VSL 20% Loan Fee
Initial Debt Amount – without the increased Consumer Price Index amount
Diploma of Community Services
Diploma of Leadership and Management
Diploma of Youth Work
Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
As part of the Eligibility requirements for a student to access VSL, Bradford Institute of Advanced Education uses a VSL Government approved LLN tool when assessing each and every eligible students’ academic suitability to do our courses. Bradford Institute of Advanced Education uses the following LLN assessment tool below for use to determine a student’s academic suitability entry for access to VSL.
Core Skills Profile for Adults LLN (published by the Australian Council for Educational Resources Limited for July 2013)
Your information is protected under the Privacy Act 1988. The information requested on your enrolment form will be used for the process of enrolment and for statistical reporting for government agencies only. Bradford Institute of Advanced Education is subject to audit by Government agencies. For the purpose of these audits your training file may be given to officers from agencies such as Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
All information is kept confidential and access to this information is only available to you and administration staff at Bradford Institute of Advanced Education. If a third party requires access to your student record, we will obtain your written consent prior to releasing any information. Bradford Institute of Advanced Education takes all reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
To continue accessing a VET Student Loan, you must demonstrate that you are a genuine student continuing with your studies.
To do this, at least twice a year, complete a Progression Form in the electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) system when you receive the invitation email (via firstname.lastname@example.org). If you miss the due date, please contact your provider directly and ask them to reissue the progression.
Students should refer to the Debt Complaints page for debt issues and complaints, including complaints about providers.
If you have concerns about the quality of your training you may wish to submit a formal complaint to The Bradford Institute of Advanced Education.
The Bradford Institute of Advanced Education is committed to maintaining an effective, timely, fair and equitable grievance handling system which is easily accessible to all complainants The Bradford Institute of Advanced Education aims to ensure:
- All Complainants will have the opportunity to present their case at each stage of the procedure.
- The Complainant and any respondent have the option of being accompanied/assisted by a third person (such as a family member, friend or counsellor) if they so desire.
- The Complainant and any respondent will not be discriminated against or victimised;
- At all stages of the process, discussions relating to grievances and appeals will be recorded in writing. Reasons and a full explanation in writing for decisions and actions taken as part of this procedure will be provided to the Complainant;
- Advice on appeal processes will be given in writing with all decisions;
- A Complainant shall have access to the internal stages of this grievance procedure at no cost.
The following information are important for you to read on VET Student Loan Resources.