CHC81215 Graduate Certificate in Statutory Child Protection
This qualification addresses work in roles that usually involve service delivery, either direct client work and/or community education or development projects. Suitable students include Government and non-Government Child Protection workers who operate at an advanced skill level and may also have responsibility for the supervision of other staff and volunteers.
The CHC81215 Graduate Certificate Community Services Practice (Statutory Child Protection) requires you to complete 10 units in total, including 4 core units and 6 electives.
- CHCPRT020 Manage complex child protection risk assessments and case strategies
- CHCPRT021 Manage and monitor child protection orders
- CHCPRT022 Develop, implement and monitor safety strategies in child protection work
- BSBRES801 Initiate and lead applied research
- CHCCSL003 Facilitate the Counselling Relationship and process
- CHCCCS029 Work with involuntary and mandated clients
- BSBLDR803 Develop and cultivate collaborative partnerships and relationships
- CHCPRT023 Plan, implement and monitor provision of out of home care
- CHCPRP006 Lead own professional development
- CHCDFV012 Make safety plans with people who have been subjected to domestic and family violence
We are proud of the superior quality of our training and the training team lead by former QUT Lecturer and former Director Training and Specialist Support Branch of Child Safety, Director of Operational Training in the Department of Communities and Training Director for Qld Health, David Bradford. We believe we have the most flexible programs available on the market due to our unique multimodal approach. Your Trainer is able to respond to any training related questions or concerns you may have as you progress through the program.
Multi-modal Delivery Method
This program is self paced and delivered in multiple modes. Choose the mode most suitable to your needs and experience;
Online: for student wishing to engage in an intuitive and dynamic online learning experience from anywhere they can connect
Workbook: for students who want to scribble, read, turn pages and pour over the detail
Face to face: we deliver the programs as traditional workshops for organizations and employers looking to grow staff knowledge and skill. We can contextualize to the agency’s needs and context, assist with change management and organizational messaging.
Rapid RPL ™: Our rapid RPL process is for experienced workers and volunteers who require accreditation for knowledge and experience they already have. Employers, don’t pay to teach you staff things you have already taught them? Have it recognized and move onto training the gap.
Assessment is undertaken throughout the training program. It is competency based and may require the completion of written questions, projects, a portfolio of evidence and workplace observation. You will not be required to do complex assignments or exams outside of the training. Detailed information will be provided to you about your assessment during induction and in workshop sessions.
Assessment will be conducted via a combination of the following methods:
- Direct observation of your participation in the workshops
- The provision of work samples demonstrating the ability to undertake work based tasks to the required standard
- 3rd party reports from supervisors
- Interview based assessment
- Online training (if required)
This is a self paced program and you may use any combination of the above delivery methods
Unless otherwise specified, all training days will begin at 9:30am and finish at 2:30pm. The training units are covered in a (1) day RPL Interview session. This session will be face to face.
Attendance at scheduled training days is critical for your learning journey. If you are unable to attend any of the scheduled sessions, please advise DaV’ange as soon as possible so that alternate attendance can be organised. If you do not attend a session without notice, alternate learning arrangements can be made.
Training and Delivery Strategy
Your attendance dates will be listed in the schedule and sent to you at least 2 weeks prior to your first training session.
Assessment items and due dates will be advised in each session.